Dirt dirt dirt everywhere! Welcome to our most bare'ish bones campout we produce, Babes in the Dirt. This year we did get some MAJOR upgrades so make sure you educate yourself on the amenities the site offers by clicking HERE. There are no fire pits for grilling and coals are prohibited due to fire protocols. Small camp stoves are ok (Jetboil makes a great one!). A food truck is also on site (full menu is linked on babesinthedirt.com/events). Plan accordingly.
Alright! Now to the "what the hell do I bring" portion. By no means is this list the all mighty everything under the sun kind of list but rather necessities we think are important. As always, if you have special needs, pack what YOU need to stay comfortable.
Babes in the Dirt Camping Basics
- Tent (there are no trees for hammocks). Hot Tip: Pre-check your tent to ensure all parts are there. Nothing is worse than missing stakes, rods, or flys.
- Sleeping Pad
- Sleeping Bag Hot Tip (check weather to see temps to see if you'll need additional blankets)
- Water bottle and a gallon of water per person per day! There is NO drinkable water on site
- Cooler full of snacks and adult beverages (extra favoritism points if you give Ashmore a Coors Light) .
- Wet wipes / face wipes
- Sunscreen! The weather is looking bright and cloudless!
- Basic toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, face lotion etc)
- Portable phone charger
- Hand sanitizer
- EXTRA toilet paper. It's for your own good.
- Your favorite pair of sweatpants to chill in
- Camp chair
- Trash bags. You are responsible for your garbage | leave no trace
- Pillow (camp size)
- Extra fuel for your moto
- Clothes for warm days and cold nights (we will have Babes in the Dirt hoodies and windbreakers for sale!)
- Your motocross gear if you have it
- $10 CASH for parking / weekend per vehicle. Carpool to save a few bucks! This one time $10 fee covers cars, trucks, truck w/ trailers, pull behinds, toy haulers, and RVs <3
- $$ always have cash on you no matter what. Where we are set up has 0 wifi so no credit cards can be used.
- $$ cash for merch (just wait until you see the Babes in the Dirt exclusive merch!)
- $$ cash for food truck
- $$ cash for coffee
- Credit Cards (doing our best to get wifi)
- Camera or GoPro
- Positive mental attitude. Be nice, say hello to your neighbor, and remember, ladies are here because the love to ride dirt or are interested in it.
HOT TIP: Before you start packing up, have your dirt bike serviced and ensure it has a spark arrestor BEFORE you come to the event. Tickets can cost up to $800 in fines as the state park takes fire prevention in California very seriously. As always, it is no one's responsibility but yours to fix ya hooptie so take it in and be confident that your bike will be a runner.
Babes in the Dirt 4 Rules and Regs
- Helmets ON anytime a bike is in motion
- No drinking and riding
- No burn outs or hot doggin’
- Trash is properly disposed of. Please help us keep the site clean & leave no trace
- Wristbands must be worn at all times
- Parking decals must stay visible
- No Eazy Ups are allowed to be set up for safety reasons (far too windy!)
- No burning of anything at your camping space
- No charcoal grills are permitted
- No one is allowed to hang banners or signage at their camp site. It's not fair to our sponsors who've put a lot of work into this event.
- No one is permitted to sell or handout anything on site (no stickers, flyers, business cards etc). We spend countless hours cleaning these items up as people trash them 99% of the time and again, it's not fair to our sponsors.
A Few More Helpful Links:
- Want to cruise the schedule? Click HERE
- Click HERE to view Thousand Oak Powersports Maintenance Checklist
- Click HERE to read about the new site and the upgrades.
- Want to cruise the food truck menu? Click HERE
Safe travels and see you at noon Friday!